Discoloration

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Nessiandnoah

Discoloration

Post by Nessiandnoah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:24 pm

This might be a silly question and it may just be that I haven’t noticed this, but I realized that my crabs both seem to have sort of a faded area of their claws. Is this ok? I want to make sure it’s not a sign of bad health of anything like that. They are my two oldest and my first hermits I’ve ever had so I wanna make sure they are good. It’s the lighter part of their inner big claws. I only caught a picture of one of them at the right angle to see the whitish spot
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AwesomeHermit

Re: Discoloration

Post by AwesomeHermit » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Yes. Most crabs have something similar to that.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
Nessiandnoah

Post by Nessiandnoah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:12 pm

Ok thank you! I figured I just never noticed it before but better safe than sorry! Thanks!

Xenocrab

Post by Xenocrab » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:02 pm

My E just came back from camp and he is bright orange, but the inside of his legs are white. Their colors change all the time. A lot of it depends on what they are eating. Colors are usually different after a molt too. I have PPs and Es and they are all different colors. Faded areas don't last long.
6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Topic author
Nessiandnoah

Post by Nessiandnoah » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:09 pm

Ok yeah that makes sense that their colors change because I’ve never noticed this before lol and if it’s diet related they obviously eat the same thing and I’ve changed the diet around I give them a variety so definitely feel better that I don’t need to be too concerned