Aquasafe by Tetra

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Wendy UK

Aquasafe by Tetra

Post by Wendy UK » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:11 am

Hi all!
I always use Tetra, AquaSafe water conditioner however they have now changed it and have added something that is "anti-stress"... Is this, still safe and to use for the hermies?? I'm in the UK so if you think it's not safe can anyone recommend an alternative?

Many thanks x

Scarletfire

Re: Aquasafe by Tetra

Post by Scarletfire » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:27 am

Anti stress is a stress coat which is the same thing as slime coat. It's safe to use.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Topic author
Wendy UK

Post by Wendy UK » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 pm

Oh thank you 😁

DevilNDisguise

Post by DevilNDisguise » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 pm

The only thing I don't believe AquaSafe does is neutralize ammonia. It removes heavy metals as well as chlorine and chloramine, though, but you want something that does it all. I believe Tetra also has an ammonia remover, but I'm not sure what the UK may have compared to what we have where I'm from.

Many people use Prime water conditioner, which takes care of everything, but I believe Aqueon's water conditioner also does, so if either of those are available to you, those would be good options.
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

Topic author
Wendy UK

Post by Wendy UK » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi, is that seachem Prime? I've seen it advertised on Amazon.

Wendy x

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Wendy UK wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 pm
Hi, is that seachem Prime? I've seen it advertised on Amazon.

Wendy x
Yes.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Topic author
Wendy UK

Post by Wendy UK » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:23 am

Super, thanks guys x

Topic author
Wendy UK

Post by Wendy UK » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 pm

@hermiesguardian

I've just received the Prime conditioner.. I make up a litre at a time. Its so concentrated I'd have to use 0.025 ml to 1 litre of water.. I've looked for a less concentrated Prime but can't find one.. How do you use it please?
Thanks

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Wendy UK wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:02 pm
@hermiesguardian

I've just received the Prime conditioner.. I make up a litre at a time. Its so concentrated I'd have to use 0.025 ml to 1 litre of water.. I've looked for a less concentrated Prime but can't find one.. How do you use it please?
Thanks
You can dose it out at 2 to 4 drops per gallon, or if you're only making like a cup at a time then one drop suffices. It's an incredibly safe product and even an overdose of 100x's won't kill anything. I once had a dropper fall off and put an entire large bottle in my 20 gallon aquarium. I did do a large water change to be safe, but everything lived!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Wendy UK

Post by Wendy UK » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:03 pm

Thank goodness for that.. I was feeling like I needed to take a chemistry degree here 😂 😂

Ive got droppers so I'll put 1 drop of Prime :clap: :clap: in a jug of 1 litre of tap water.. Me thinks my 500ml conditioner will last some time! 😁 😁