Tank Upgrade + Plants

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
FJrocks003

Tank Upgrade + Plants

Post by FJrocks003 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:43 am

I'm upgrading my crabs' tank (finally) and I want to add some plants. I need something safe, decorative, and that they can (hopefully) climb on. The plan is to have 2 sections to the tank (20 gallon long), a digging side and a climping side. On one side the soil will be about 7" deep, not leaving much surface room so on that side I need some sort of grass or shorter plants. There will be a divider and a ladder that leads to the lower level that only has a few inches of sand/ee mix, on this side I want to have some sort of larger plant for them to climb in. I need ideas on plants that I can use.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)

asiankanye

Re: Tank Upgrade + Plants

Post by asiankanye » Fri May 29, 2020 10:51 am

I’m pretty sure spider plants are safe to use, and they can look pretty cool. For shorter plants, you could sprout chia or something because that’s also something they can munch on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Fri May 29, 2020 10:54 am

The Plant Guide has a few lists of potential crabitat plants if you haven’t seen it already: viewtopic.php?t=120839

Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Fri May 29, 2020 10:56 am

I don’t know if this will help but I used fake plant garments from Michaels the ones that have things they can climb and pinch. I just did that for my 20 gallon here Finished Crabitat
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app
Hope it helpedImageImage

Topic author
FJrocks003

Post by FJrocks003 » Sat May 30, 2020 9:12 am

Thanks for the recommendations, I'm definitely going to use spider plants and maybe some other stuff for the taller side.
Indigo, Fleck, Flame, Dilly, and our newest addition: Thunder
RIP: Bubbles (passed on Wednesday March 31, 2020)