Rescuing A Crab Too Big for It's Shell

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
jonathon1989

Rescuing A Crab Too Big for It's Shell

Post by jonathon1989 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Today I rescued a crab from a pet store who I named Cocoa. Now I'm going back to rescue another who can barely fit into its shell. What I want to know is, how should I proceed when taking it home? Should I isolate it or put it into the tank with the other crabs? What is the best way to make sure it is relaxed?

Hermiesguardian

Re: Rescuing A Crab Too Big for It's Shell

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:18 pm

jonathon1989 wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:57 pm
Today I rescued a crab from a pet store who I named Cocoa. Now I'm going back to rescue another who can barely fit into its shell. What I want to know is, how should I proceed when taking it home? Should I isolate it or put it into the tank with the other crabs? What is the best way to make sure it is relaxed?
Give it a quick dip in the freshwater pool so he smells like the tank. Then just put him in.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi