Burrowed under water dish

This is the place to post if you have questions and aren't sure where to ask them! If it relates to one of the sections below, please post there instead.

Topic author
Julsie

Burrowed under water dish

Post by Julsie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:43 am

I was replacing the crabs water and i moved my salt pool and underneath I found a crab who was burrowed underneath the dish. The crab was moving due to me moving the dish. Should I move the crab or put the water dish back on top of it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Julsie

Re: Burrowed under water dish

Post by Julsie » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:14 am

Update: I returned back to my room and saw that the crab moved from where it was burrowed and was walking around so I picked it up and placed it else where in the tank and she is beginning to re-burrow elsewhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HermitofHermitCrabs

Post by HermitofHermitCrabs » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:12 am

Perfectly normal behavior. Nothing to worry about. Mine dig around the bubbler pool all the time because the sand is the most moist there.
9 PPs in a 125 G Terrarium since August 2020: Sebastian (F) - 2 Molts, Midnight (F) - 2 Molts, Red (M) - 2 Molts, Jello (F) - 3 Molts, Ninja (M) - 1 Molt, Shelly (M) - 1 Molt, Tiny (?) - 3 Molts, & Dot (?) - 1 Molt

Formerly had ~40 from 2004 to 2010.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:30 am

Many people us Rubbermaid type containers and double them up for this exact reason. Then when you lift out the top dish, anyone under the bottom dish isn't disturbed.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers