What salt solution is available in Australia

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Renroc

Re: What salt solution is available in Australia

Post by Renroc » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:46 am

aussieJJDude wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:28 am
I believe Renroc used red sea, but then again she might source marine salt water from local beaches, which ive heard of many aussie crabbers do with careful screening and UV filtration.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I haven't acutally used Red Sea Salt. BUT yes I did use ocean sourced water (specially for my zoea and babies) but keeping up that supply was very difficult as it is a 30min trip each way to the beach for me. That's when I got the Ocean Pure and it worked really well. I've just run out and have new stuff (from the same shop) which is Tropic Marin. It comes in a box but with a sealed plastic bag inside. The aquarium shop said they were sad to no longer be able to source Ocean Pure as it was a good salt. BUT said this new one is just as good and a little cheaper. Can't remember how much it was though.
Crazy crab lady with 1 male raised in captivity who is now 7 yrs old (Dec 23) and a 2 females I've added from rehoming or adoptions to add to my breeding colony.

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What salt solution is available in Australia

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Renroc wrote:
I haven't acutally used Red Sea Salt. BUT yes I did use ocean sourced water (specially for my zoea and babies) but keeping up that supply was very difficult as it is a 30min trip each way to the beach for me. That's when I got the Ocean Pure and it worked really well. I've just run out and have new stuff (from the same shop) which is Tropic Marin. It comes in a box but with a sealed plastic bag inside. The aquarium shop said they were sad to no longer be able to source Ocean Pure as it was a good salt. BUT said this new one is just as good and a little cheaper. Can't remember how much it was though.
Haha, partially correct then! :)

Honestly much of the marine salt mixes work well for the crabs, its just a matter of availability and pricing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies