How to connect mesh to pool?

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
bandaidstealer

How to connect mesh to pool?

Post by bandaidstealer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 pm

I found some tupperware containers i want to use for watering holes, but i need a way for them to climb out. i noticed some of you have used plastic canvas to make ramps, and i was wondering how you connected the canvas to the tupperware?

Hermiesguardian

Re: How to connect mesh to pool?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:23 pm

bandaidstealer wrote:I found some tupperware containers i want to use for watering holes, but i need a way for them to climb out. i noticed some of you have used plastic canvas to make ramps, and i was wondering how you connected the canvas to the tupperware?
With zip ties near the lip. You have to make holes. Just make sure of course the water is below the holes. Lol.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:26 pm

Like Hermiesguardian stateted in the post above, I drilled holes in mine. Then I used zip ties to hold the craft mesh in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
bandaidstealer

Post by bandaidstealer » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:58 pm

Will they be able to climb out of these? If not, perhaps I can add some river rocks under the mesh/canvas to give it more of an angle/curve?

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:05 pm

bandaidstealer wrote:Will they be able to climb out of these? If not, perhaps I can add some river rocks under the mesh/canvas to give it more of an angle/curve?

They can climb on the canvas just fine. I’ve got my mesh at a pretty steep angle, too, and even my smalls have no troubles getting out.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 pm

They should be able to get out of those just fine! :)

Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

AwesomeHermit

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:15 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
bandaidstealer wrote:I found some tupperware containers i want to use for watering holes, but i need a way for them to climb out. i noticed some of you have used plastic canvas to make ramps, and i was wondering how you connected the canvas to the tupperware?
Just make sure of course the water is below the holes. Lol.
whoops... Never thought of that
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!