Zoo med water conditioner

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
Hermiehomes4Gretchen

Zoo med water conditioner

Post by Hermiehomes4Gretchen » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:15 am

I use zoo med salt water and drinking water conditioners. Is that ok?

DevilNDisguise

Re: Zoo med water conditioner

Post by DevilNDisguise » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:42 am

I've heard that it's a weak conditioner and doesn't typically do the job with the directed dose. It also has artificial coloring and the like in it.

A lot of people (including myself) use Prime for a conditioner in both fresh and salt water dishes, and use Instant Ocean as the salt supply.
1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Guinea Pig, 1 Mouse, 1 Lovebird, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 2 Rabbits, 2 Frogs, 2 Cockatiels, 2 Budgies & Their 3 Babies, 3 Rats, 4 Hamsters, and Many Hermit Crabs!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:16 pm

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:26 am

Unfortunately the zoo med salt water conditioner is NOT a sufficient saltwater supply for hermit crabs.

A lot of products marketed for hermit crabs are not safe for them. Hermit crabs actually need marine saltwater, as in making a saltwater fish tank. A lot of us use a product called Instant Ocean. :) It has the essential trace elements and minerals that mimics the ocean. :)

A lot of us also use a product called Prime. It is a water conditioner that removes Chlorine, Chloramine, and neutralizes ammonia and heavy metals.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com