Pools

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
Sillymel

Pools

Post by Sillymel » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Question about putting pools in the tank.....I have a 55 gallon tank that doesn’t have the proper pools in it and I also have 4 (maybe 5)crabs that are under. I’ve been waiting for several weeks for them to surface but it doesn’t seem like they are ready yet. When I put the current pools in (medium exo water dishes) I thought for sure they were deep enough since my crabs are all on the smaller size but no one uses them. I just built a 40 gallon breeder tank and used larger Tupperware containers. The crabs love them so I want to put them in the 55 gallon tank. Should I wait for all the crabs to surface before I put the new pools in or would it be okay to lay them on top of the substrate? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Pools

Post by aussieJJDude » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:42 pm

It will be fine to lay the new pools on the surface... just try not to press them down or dig em in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Sillymel

Re: Pools

Post by Sillymel » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:13 am

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk