Water pools/pump

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Motörcrab

Re: Water pools/pump

Post by Motörcrab » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 am

Those are more than likely food mites. They are common and live in everyone's house undetected. Sometimes they find their way into a crabitat because it's a perfect environment for them. As long as they are food mites they are harmless to crabs. If you clean them out they will more than likely come back sooner or later.

Check out our section on mites there are good pictures and descriptions of each type on there.
viewtopic.php?f=124&t=92530
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Links

Re: Water pools/pump

Post by Links » Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:36 am

CrabbyChelle628 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:36 am
As I mentioned before on the top of my FW pool are groups of little white things that seem to be moving. Does anyone have any idea what they could be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dunno Crabby chela. Anyway to send a pic? If you have bubblers or filters turn them off and see if the white thing continue to move. I’m interested to find out what they are as well.

And motorcrab when I first set up my tat I found one crab turning his shell upside down and he was almost completely out of his shell. I thought something was wrong so I put him on the ramp only to find him later doing the same thing so I let him do it. I suppose he was cleaning out his shell of old water and debris? I still don’t have cameras and I’m not home until end of day so I’m not sure what they do but I haven’t caught them in either pool in a while.

Edit to add: must’ve been posting same time as Motorcrab. I’ve seen food mites in my tat but not in the water yet. I’m sure it’s possible