Depth of pools

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Motörcrab

Re: Depth of pools

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:55 am

avocadocrabbies wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:29 am
Oi.... I'm 6 hours away :( One more year and I'd be able to drive myself, but my mom wouldn't drive me more than an hour- and obviously we'd get mugged if we took a train *dripping sarcasm* but I can't wait to go in the coming years! Hope there's another one somewhere else in NY in the future :) Just looked at the itinerary and it sounds like a ton of fun!
We drove about 5 hours from northeastern Pennsylvania. We had hermits in transit both directions! Luckily for us it's a very easy and somewhat enjoyable drive. Niagara Falls is a short drive away too! We are still trying to figure out how to pack all of our merch into a Chevy Sonic this year!

There is also a Facebook page and Instagram account fro Crab Con too!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrabCon/
I'm not sure how to find their Instagram, If you search Crab Con it should come right up.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:19 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:55 am
We drove about 5 hours from northeastern Pennsylvania. We had hermits in transit both directions! Luckily for us it's a very easy and somewhat enjoyable drive. Niagara Falls is a short drive away too! We are still trying to figure out how to pack all of our merch into a Chevy Sonic this year!

There is also a Facebook page and Instagram account fro Crab Con too!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CrabCon/
I'm not sure how to find their Instagram, If you search Crab Con it should come right up.
Ooooh, what kind of merch is there? (I just had a fantasy flash of a shell shop the size of a mall and people trading plastic plants like salt and gold in the Sahara)
four crabbies: Pool Guy, Karen, Hurricane Sandy, Igor- 3 PPs and an E :)

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 pm

Last year Mary was selling her ceramic stuff. Hides, ladders, dishes, and foods. Crabstreet was offering all sorts of foods, stickers and other accessories. Just two old Crabs was selling their foods, Ken Lipe from The Shell Store had insane deals on shells, Kathy Jo Walmer was selling her ladders, water ramps and other things.

I don't know all the vendors for this year. So far Mary will be there, Ken Lipe and his shells, Stacy and Crabstreet, xenocrab and I too. I'm sure there are a lot more.

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:06 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Last year Mary was selling her ceramic stuff. Hides, ladders, dishes, and foods. Crabstreet was offering all sorts of foods, stickers and other accessories. Just two old Crabs was selling their foods, Ken Lipe from The Shell Store had insane deals on shells, Kathy Jo Walmer was selling her ladders, water ramps and other things.

I don't know all the vendors for this year. So far Mary will be there, Ken Lipe and his shells, Stacy and Crabstreet, xenocrab and I too. I'm sure there are a lot more.
sounds awesome, wish I could go. (no harm in asking, though) are there crabcons every year?

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm

The plan is to have them every year. There was talk about after this one moving it to another city. Last year was the first convention style one.

It started off as an adoption weekend last year. Then since there were going to be a bunch or crabbers together a speaker or two was added, a a vendor. Then it kind of took off from there.

There were a few informal conventions years ago. Like if I invited a bunch of people to meet up and have lunch, talk hermit crabs and swap shells and stuff.

I really hope they do continue. Last year's got some local news coverage. The more exposure hermit crabs get for being exotic pets, the more chance we have to educate people with proper care and possibly reduce sales.

Topic author
avocadocrabbies

Post by avocadocrabbies » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:28 pm
The plan is to have them every year. There was talk about after this one moving it to another city. Last year was the first convention style one.

It started off as an adoption weekend last year. Then since there were going to be a bunch or crabbers together a speaker or two was added, a a vendor. Then it kind of took off from there.

There were a few informal conventions years ago. Like if I invited a bunch of people to meet up and have lunch, talk hermit crabs and swap shells and stuff.

I really hope they do continue. Last year's got some local news coverage. The more exposure hermit crabs get for being exotic pets, the more chance we have to educate people with proper care and possibly reduce sales.
all I can say: yes, yes, yes! :D

Crabby7Crabber

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm

avocadocrabbies wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 pm
all I can say: yes, yes, yes! :D
Agreed! Hoping it's still open and I can attend!
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
R.I.P George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, Shelly, and Cosmo the dog