Changing Water Dishes Containing Pebbles

All about freshwater & saltwater - dechlorinators, salt, water bowls, and pool construction & maintenance.

Topic author
jhuntl24

Changing Water Dishes Containing Pebbles

Post by jhuntl24 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am

This might be a dumb question but is there a good way to change the water without dumping all the pebbles out or do I just dump them out and put them back in? How Do you guys change your water dishes and how often? :D

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Changing Water Dishes Containing Pebbles

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:53 pm

I bought a strainer that I use specifically for my hermit crab pools. It is easier to clean the pools this way. I dump the entire pool into the strainer, rinse the pebbles really good, wipe out the pools, and then put it all back together. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
jhuntl24

Post by jhuntl24 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:16 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:53 pm
I bought a strainer that I use specifically for my hermit crab pools. It is easier to clean the pools this way. I dump the entire pool into the strainer, rinse the pebbles really good, wipe out the pools, and then put it all back together. :)
Okay, I'll try that out, thank you!!!

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:53 am

jhuntl24 wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:16 pm
Okay, I'll try that out, thank you!!!
Yw! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
jhuntl24

Post by jhuntl24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:18 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:53 pm
Thank you for being so helpful to me! Just to verify, is it okay that I rinse my pebbles and water dishes in regular sink water as long as I fill them back up with the proper dechlorinated water? :wink:

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Yw! That is what I do. Some people rinse all of their stuff with dechlorinated water. I personally don't.

Topic author
jhuntl24

Post by jhuntl24 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:33 pm
Yw! That is what I do. Some people rinse all of their stuff with dechlorinated water. I personally don't.
Okay great, because I don't have time to do all that! :banana: