NEED INPUT! PIP of possible post-molter! WDYT?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
andreas4dogs

NEED INPUT! PIP of possible post-molter! WDYT?

Post by andreas4dogs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:17 am

I have not seen this crab in a couple of months. I just noticed him last night climbing on the screen top and I thought he was one of my other guys!

I know my little one I posted a few days ago might not have molted, but I am really encouraged by this guy! It hurts to have him walk on me. I think I got some good closeups. WDYT?

LOOK AT THOSE NAILS!

Wife to Dave, mom to Gabriel, 9 ,and Zachary, 4 1/2. I also have three dogs (a plot hound / lab mix, a sheltie / Australian shepherd mix and a maltese mix). We advocate rescuing and adopting any companion animal. We of course have hermit crabs - a bunch in a 75 gallon.

wolfnipplechips

Post by wolfnipplechips » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:14 am

Look at those sharp toenails! I'd call that a molt! Congrats! :D
Crabby since May 2009
Hermit Crab Food Store: http://alaskahermit.com/
Pets: crabs, cats, lizards, flesh eating beetles, isopods, betta fish

Topic author
andreas4dogs

Post by andreas4dogs » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 am

WOOOHOO I am so excited. Thanks to everyone on here, my hermies are thriving!
Wife to Dave, mom to Gabriel, 9 ,and Zachary, 4 1/2. I also have three dogs (a plot hound / lab mix, a sheltie / Australian shepherd mix and a maltese mix). We advocate rescuing and adopting any companion animal. We of course have hermit crabs - a bunch in a 75 gallon.

tigermoon89

Post by tigermoon89 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

COngrats! He's gorgeous!
Crystal
"There is no right way to do the wrong thing." - KingFisher

My organic hermit crab food store, Crabby Teas is now up and running! Please feel free to check out the shop. Mention the HCA and I will include a free gift! http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrabbyTeas?ref=pr_shop