Test hole?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
crabby33

Test hole?

Post by crabby33 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:12 pm

I caught Violet digging in this hole last night but I don’t know if she was digging down to molt and decided not to dig there. She was back up on the cholla log this morning and when I came home she was in the calcium pit and had been in there all day. I suspect a molt is coming so I am leaving her alone during this time. I trust she knows what she’s doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Re: Test hole?

Post by RiNiKy506 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:51 pm

Mine did that too, I’m not sure which one. They dug a little spot but no one went under.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

fandt94

Post by fandt94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:39 pm

I’ve got holes (and ravines lol) all over my tank :hlol:
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed

ciaraalston

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:03 am

goodness my tank is a mess with holes! mine do that as well, they dig a little ways then change their mind. they've done it all over the place though!
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot