Molting or scared?

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Princess R.

Molting or scared?

Post by Princess R. » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:37 pm

I just got two new crabs yesterday, and very soon after I put them in the tank, one hid, and the other burrowed under it's cave. The one that burrowed hasn't come up, and I'm wondering... is he molting or just scared? He seemed pretty healthy when I got him, and wasn't showing molting signs. :huh::
I have 4 purple pinchers. Crush, Bubbles, Sheldon, Sandy, and little Angelo. And I love Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life, and he knew what he was doing when he made hermit crabs!☺
-Ruth A. J. G.

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Molting or scared?

Post by curlysister » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:12 pm

Could be destressing, or digging for fun, or molting. Hard to say. Whatever the reason, just leave him be and wait it out.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

RiNiKy506

Re: Molting or scared?

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:21 pm

I got one little guy on Halloween and I haven’t seen him since. I think they like to dig down and destress from everything they’ve been through before they get to us.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->