My whole tribe went under!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Kpeterson09

My whole tribe went under!

Post by Kpeterson09 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

So I got a 20 gallon tank recently. And I k otw it's a boo boo but I transferred one that was buried already. I really hope my crab is okay. And I also go two new additions making 5 in total. Well the last week everyone is now buried. Temp is fine and humidity is staying consistantly with two sprays a day and a fogger. I kind of figured the two new ones would bury bc they looked like they were trying to head in that direction in the one inch substrate they had in petco. I'm just a scared crab momma wanting to watch my crabbers play and I can't because everyone is buried! Fellow crabbers is this normal

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

crabby33

Re: My whole tribe went under!

Post by crabby33 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Yes, it is normal for new crabs to bury so don’t worry. It’s recommended to wait. You may not see them for months. A lot of people here will tell you to just be patient and don’t dig them up.

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:48 pm

I bought a little guy on Halloween and I haven’t seen him since. It is normal, it’s just them trying to destress bc who knows what the poor things have gone through before they finally made their way home to you. I went crazy the first time one of mine went down and I’m so glad that I had the support of everyone here bc if I would have dug her up, I could have killed her. She was molting and she came back up with fresh black toenails and all shiny pretty. They sure do stress us out but when they come back up it makes it all worth it to see their happy little wiggly antennae.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Topic author
Kpeterson09

Post by Kpeterson09 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:50 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:I bought a little guy on Halloween and I haven’t seen him since. It is normal, it’s just them trying to destress bc who knows what the poor things have gone through before they finally made their way home to you. I went crazy the first time one of mine went down and I’m so glad that I had the support of everyone here bc if I would have dug her up, I could have killed her. She was molting and she came back up with fresh black toenails and all shiny pretty. They sure do stress us out but when they come back up it makes it all worth it to see their happy little wiggly antennae.

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->
This isnt my first molt. I just hate that they are all down at the same time!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk