Moja resurfaced, Koa's gone down.

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
hermiwormi

Moja resurfaced, Koa's gone down.

Post by hermiwormi » Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 am

Moja has finally resurfaced this morning, but Koa went down. I'm pretty sure that Koa isn't molting again as he's recently come up from a molt. These two, my first two crabs, have grown sooo much! I can show the size comparison of their original shells to their shells now once I get home.

I never see all 5 of my crabs up at once anymore! I know that Chella, Siam(Always up), and Moja are currently up. Possibly Ozark, but I haven't seen him.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

AwesomeHermit

Re: Moja resurfaced, Koa's gone down.

Post by AwesomeHermit » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:26 pm

I have not seen my biggest for a while now, and I have not seen my smallest recently. My one who is up is digging, and making shells fall into the hole, so I could not take them out since the other crabs are underground.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
hermiwormi

Post by hermiwormi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:25 am

AwesomeHermit wrote:I have not seen my biggest for a while now, and I have not seen my smallest recently. My one who is up is digging, and making shells fall into the hole, so I could not take them out since the other crabs are underground.
Mine do the same thing with the shells! I have so many underground, it's ridiculous

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:34 am

hermiwormi wrote:
AwesomeHermit wrote:I have not seen my biggest for a while now, and I have not seen my smallest recently. My one who is up is digging, and making shells fall into the hole, so I could not take them out since the other crabs are underground.
Mine do the same thing with the shells! I have so many underground, it's ridiculous

They bury their shells and we have to keep buying more shells. :x
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi