I have pet sand

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
crabby33

I have pet sand

Post by crabby33 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:17 pm

I will have pet sand for the the next 6 weeks or so. Both of my crabs are now buried for their molts. I am keeping in mind to never dig them up.

hermiwormi

Re: I have pet sand

Post by hermiwormi » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:22 pm

LOL. Don't forget to feed your pet sand

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:29 am

I have pet sand too. All my 5 crabs are down. I've never had that before.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Yay! 1 of the 5 just came up. If he's alive I'm going to assume the rest are too. Lol.

https://youtu.be/AfR5tT1swW8
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:35 pm

He’s so cute! I love watching them walk, something about the way they crawl around. That shell is beautiful!

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:38 pm

RiNiKy506 wrote:He’s so cute! I love watching them walk, something about the way they crawl around. That shell is beautiful!

♡ Rod ♡ Salty ♡ Bob ♡ Squirt ♡ Crabina ♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->

Thank you.

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

It appears Buckbeak wasn’t molting but he just dug down to de stress for a few days and came back up. This morning I found he had dug back up and he had tried the spotted turbo on but decided he liked his old shell better. I want to make sure I leave him alone during this time while he goes shell shopping.

Hermiesguardian, I noticed that the crab that just came up from a molt is in a banded turbo but for some reason, my crabs don’t like banded turbos but I’m hoping my molter will move into one of them once she comes up.

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:01 pm

crabby33 wrote:It appears Buckbeak wasn’t molting but he just dug down to de stress for a few days and came back up. This morning I found he had dug back up and he had tried the spotted turbo on but decided he liked his old shell better. I want to make sure I leave him alone during this time while he goes shell shopping.

Hermiesguardian, I noticed that the crab that just came up from a molt is in a banded turbo but for some reason, my crabs don’t like banded turbos but I’m hoping my molter will move into one of them once she comes up.
I think a couple of my crabs are in a banded turbo. They're so pretty.