We have a molter!

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
nonamelikethis

We have a molter!

Post by nonamelikethis » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Puddles has started to molt and i'm so happy!

What is something that would be a good food treat for her when shes done molting? Also, since there arent any other crabs in the tank currently, when would be the best time to introduce new crabs into the tank after shes done so she doesn't get lonely?

I'm super excited to see her after shes done!

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
I love my pets. (Hank, my dog. Cookie, my cat, Fishy, my only fish left :(, and now 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Bubbles and Puddles)

crabby33

Re: We have a molter!

Post by crabby33 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:17 pm

Lots of honey, protein and calcium is what most crabbers recommend. Is your crab molting on the surface or underground? You shouldn’t be able to watch the whole process. A lot of crabbers believe that is a sign something is wrong with tank conditions.

You should invest in more crabs once she has finished molting.

Topic author
nonamelikethis

Re: We have a molter!

Post by nonamelikethis » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:38 pm

crabby33 wrote:Lots of honey, protein and calcium is what most crabbers recommend. Is your crab molting on the surface or underground? You shouldn’t be able to watch the whole process. A lot of crabbers believe that is a sign something is wrong with tank conditions.

You should invest in more crabs once she has finished molting.
Underground! My other crab sadly had passed away... But after she did the other one started molting. And I already had planned on investing in other crabs when she is done because If i get new ones I don't want her to get eaten by them or be disturbed.

Sent from my LM-X212(G) using Tapatalk
I love my pets. (Hank, my dog. Cookie, my cat, Fishy, my only fish left :(, and now 2 purple pincher hermit crabs, Bubbles and Puddles)