New to molting

This forum is where you discuss issues relating to molting hermit crabs, including pre- and post-molting issues. If you are having a molting emergency please post in the Emergency Forum.

Topic author
Princess R.

New to molting

Post by Princess R. » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Hello, my crab buried himself in the substrate some time ago, and he stayed down for seven weeks. Now, last night he came up again, and he's quite lively. Can I move him to the main tank yet? He was hungry, too.
I have 4 purple pinchers. Crush, Bubbles, Sheldon, Sandy, and little Angelo. And I love Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life, and he knew what he was doing when he made hermit crabs!☺
-Ruth A. J. G.

RiNiKy506

New to molting

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 pm

He should be good to go in your main tank now. It’s good to dip them in water before putting them into a new tank to wash of the freshly molted smell and to wash off the smell of a threat to the other crabs. Congratulations on successful molt. <3

Rod♡Salty♡Bob♡Squirt♡Crabina♡Who
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers <-♡-«

AwesomeHermit

Re: New to molting

Post by AwesomeHermit » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:30 am

Congrats on the successful molt!
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
Princess R.

Re: New to molting

Post by Princess R. » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:02 pm

:banana:
I have 4 purple pinchers. Crush, Bubbles, Sheldon, Sandy, and little Angelo. And I love Jesus! He is the way, the truth and the life, and he knew what he was doing when he made hermit crabs!☺
-Ruth A. J. G.