Not switching?

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
JF27051

Not switching?

Post by JF27051 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 am

Hey y’all

I’m fairly A fairly new Hermit crab owner so I thought I should ask some more experienced people this question.

So today I had to do a quick cleaning in my crabs tank, since they’ve taken to stealing food away from their dishes, and when picking up one of them I noticed his shell is way to small for him.

I have more than enough shells in their tank in all shapes and sizes

I’m just wondering if there is something I should be doing or if he’ll just change when he’s ready

Hermiesguardian

Re: Not switching?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:13 pm

JF27051 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 am
Hey y’all

I’m fairly A fairly new Hermit crab owner so I thought I should ask some more experienced people this question.

So today I had to do a quick cleaning in my crabs tank, since they’ve taken to stealing food away from their dishes, and when picking up one of them I noticed his shell is way to small for him.

I have more than enough shells in their tank in all shapes and sizes

I’m just wondering if there is something I should be doing or if he’ll just change when he’s ready
Bottom line is he'll change when he's ready. However, rinsing the shell in dechlorinated saltwater usually raises interest.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi