littlest crab will not change shells and his shell has chip

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
isadoraisacat

littlest crab will not change shells and his shell has chip

Post by isadoraisacat » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:09 pm

So my littlest crab will not change his sell I have about 15 different shells provided from tiny to medium to large
all turbo shells, everyone else has changed many times even traded shells. this guy is in his green turbo still
but its chipped, any reason why he may feel the need to just stay in this shell despite the wear and tear on it?

PTCrabs

Re: littlest crab will not change shells and his shell has c

Post by PTCrabs » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:41 pm

Maybe he's comfy in it and doesn't want to change right now? Maybe he chose one that was big enough last time and it still fits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:14 pm

^ What they said... Crabs are weird!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:37 pm

hes the only one i worry about because hes so small. He was my first one and i didn't realize until i adopted more crabs
how tiny he actually is. He is about maybe a little bigger than a quarter.

PTCrabs

Post by PTCrabs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:02 am

I have one that size that refuses to get in a shell after his surface molt so I'd be happy if he was still in his shell from a year ago that we got him in lol...he's fine as far as I can tell...eating and drinking and walking all over as if he was in a shell it's been going on for almost 2m now...id say as long as yours is eating and drinking and acting fine...he's fine...:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KayedeeLove<3

Post by KayedeeLove<3 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:08 am

I understand! Same thing with my smallest! The other night i caught him in the act. He tried on at least 5 shells right in front of me! Then right back to the worn turbo -__-

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

bbcraft22

Post by bbcraft22 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:50 am

don't worry. I have a small-medium (Bob), medium-large (Fred), and a medium (Shelly). My biggest moved into my smallest hermit crab's shell. He stayed in it for about a week, then he changed.
"You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you." -Jon Bunyan

Topic author
isadoraisacat

Post by isadoraisacat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:38 pm

bbcraft22 wrote:don't worry. I have a small-medium (Bob), medium-large (Fred), and a medium (Shelly). My biggest moved into my smallest hermit crab's shell. He stayed in it for about a week, then he changed.

he actually ended up changing shells for about an hour, than switched back. he has so many to choose from
that are nicer versions to what he already has and for whatever reason likes his shell haha.