Thin shell question

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
crabby33

Thin shell question

Post by crabby33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:00 am

I have a pearled white turbo in my tank with a 7/8” opening. Is there a reason my crabs have rejected that shell? Is it too thin? I have tapestries, picas, gold mouth, banded, silver mouth and camo turbos in my tank. One crab is in a Fluctuosus and the other one is in an apple murex. It may be that my crabs are comfortable with the shells they’re wearing and they don’t need to change.

AwesomeHermit

Re: Thin shell question

Post by AwesomeHermit » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:05 am

I have them, and my crabs do not change in them either. Mine are not thin though.
One or hopefully two Clypeatus
Goodbye my little E. See you soon.
Bye Fred. You lasted almost 4 years with me. Hope you're with my E now! See you soon Reeba as well. I can't believe I lost you only after a month.
Crabbing for 4 years!

Topic author
crabby33

Post by crabby33 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:55 pm

I just avoid buying those shells because I know my crabs will not wear them. I have seen mine testing the weight of the camo shells and they have even inspected the larger banded turbos so I bought a few more of those on the off chance they like them enough to change shells.

HHIhermies1004

Post by HHIhermies1004 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:56 pm

My Es like touching and feeling whale eye shells. I’m going to look for more of those. They don’t even look at any type turbo shells. I’ve noticed some of the turbos can be kinda heavy especially the bigger ones. Good luck on the shell hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, My name is Kristine
Hermit Crab Family includes 7 Hermies
JACK, BARBOSA, WILL, and DAVY JONES are E's.
3 PP's - Sao Feng, Tia Dama, and Elizabeth swan.