Help

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Help

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:19 am

Hermie changed shells but i think its to heavy for him he moving alil wired ... took the painted one out of the tat ... but what if he needs ot cause the new one os to heavy .....
He is like wrapping his claws around the back.... i think its heavy for him ... will he get use to it ....? .....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Re: Help

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:49 am

My largest is also doing this since he changed last night. He seems to be moving it with his rear legs. He had a shell that was too small for him and there are others in there. Is this normal until they get used to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:38 am

Do you have other preferred shells in the crabitat that are his size?
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:56 am

I have 4 shells for him ....i think and im gonna dounle check he picked one of the smaller ones .... should i put the old one back ?? Incase the new one is to heavy for him ????

Im gonna try to buy feq more that size he has now but lighter

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:58 am

GotButterflies wrote:Do you have other preferred shells in the crabitat that are his size?
Will he be ok he can lift whole shell just looks like its harder for him .... and heavier diff for hin to move

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 am

I do, I actually have more for my largest than the others. I just had 4 more come today that I’m going to put in there. He’s in more of a jumbo crab shell now, I thought I had a little bit more time before he was jumbo sized.
From left to right...
The one he came in, the one he changed into, and some others.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 am

If it makes you feel better, put the painted shells back in there (both of you), and order shells that they can fit into better. Etsy, and Ebay sell great shells :) Hermit crabs are all muscle, so they should have no problem carrying a heavy shell if they are healthy. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

RiNiKy506

Post by RiNiKy506 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you so much for your help. I have left there painted shells in there just because I don’t have too many yet. They’re starting to come in the mail so I should have plenty here soon. Thank you so much.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am

Great! You're welcome! Remove them when they aren't being used!

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:16 am

GotButterflies wrote:Great! You're welcome! Remove them when they aren't being used!
K will when i get home Imagehope he is ok but i was wathcing him he seem ok just alil difficult

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:27 am

He will be fine. I remember when I first started crabbing I worried about everything. Try to relax :) I know that is easier said than done!! :)

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 am

GotButterflies wrote:He will be fine. I remember when I first started crabbing I worried about everything. Try to relax :) I know that is easier said than done!! :)
Imageya

Topic author
Hermie escape artist

Post by Hermie escape artist » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:17 pm

GotButterflies wrote:He will be fine. I remember when I first started crabbing I worried about everything. Try to relax :) I know that is easier said than done!! :)
Question he is still changing shells ... should I just leave him be and leave the painted out ??? Since he still playing with them

soilentgringa

Post by soilentgringa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:23 am

Once he is in a shell, put him and the rest of them back into the main tank and throw the painted one out or use it for an art project or whatever. :)
Hermie escape artist wrote:
Question he is still changing shells ... should I just leave him be and leave the painted out ??? Since he still playing with them

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

RiNiKy506

Help

Post by RiNiKy506 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:59 am

I had gotten 2 more tapestry shells yesterday and they are both taken. My one that kept changing shells picked the smaller one and my one that had the shell that was too big picked the larger one. So I feel a lot better now that my shells are finally coming in the mail. I just wanted to fill you in and thank you for the help. I’m weeding out my painted shells as I have more sizes. I finally got one out, three more to go!

Edit: I meant to post this in my shells thread. I’m still not used to tapatalk. I try to use tapatalk for posting pictures but the main forum is easier for me to use.

♡Rod ♡Salty ♡Bubbles(Bob)♡Squirt ♡Crabina(Peanut)♡
»-♡-> Our Purple Pinchers »-♡->