PP won’t change shells

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Zuzupants

PP won’t change shells

Post by Zuzupants » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:37 am

Hello
I have a PP that has been in the same painted shell ever since I bought him over a year ago. I’ve given him a lot of green turbos of different sizes, Babylonia, tapestry turbos, I don’t even know what else... a lot of different ones. Every other PP I’ve had switched within a day of coming home. I have some EE’s and they of course are more reluctant to switch but now even my last EE that was in a painted shell has abandoned it for a green turbo so I’m at a loss.

His current shell looks too big, but I have offered him shells that are the same size as well as bigger ones and smaller ones. What is happening?

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: PP won’t change shells

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:39 am

E's prefer D type opening of shells, whereas PPs prefer O opening type shells. Offer a variety, but make sure you are offering the right kind. The HCA recommends 3-5 shells per hermit crab. I personally recommend more. It never hurts to have more :) There are incorrect shells to buy. Here is the shell guide: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=92552
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com