Smallest crab took largest shell.

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Brian_T

Smallest crab took largest shell.

Post by Brian_T » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:20 am

I put in some new shells a few months ago sized as a step up for largest 2 crabs. My largest crabs seem to have nearly outgrown the shells they're in, but seem hesitant to leave the Mexican turbos they are wearing. The larger shells are tapestry turpos as the Mexicans don't come in a larger size.

Anyway, my smallest crab took the largest tapestry turbo and looks completely ridiculous dragging the shell which is way too big for him.

So I guess I'm off to order more even bigger shells.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

hermiwormi

Re: Smallest crab took largest shell.

Post by hermiwormi » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:37 pm

This made me snicker a bit My smallest crab, Siam, also changed into a shell way too big for him, but this was simply because he was desperate to get out of the painted shell, and I didn't any shells small enough for him; I also was unable to get any until the nearest store was open the next morning.

5 PPs: Koa, Moja, Siam, Chella, and Ozark.

fandt94

Re: Smallest crab took largest shell.

Post by fandt94 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:56 pm

Brian_T wrote:I put in some new shells a few months ago sized as a step up for largest 2 crabs. My largest crabs seem to have nearly outgrown the shells they're in, but seem hesitant to leave the Mexican turbos they are wearing. The larger shells are tapestry turpos as the Mexicans don't come in a larger size.

Anyway, my smallest crab took the largest tapestry turbo and looks completely ridiculous dragging the shell which is way too big for him.

So I guess I'm off to order more even bigger shells.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Check out Etsy for some...I did a search there and several places came up. I ordered from a couple...some larger/lighter shells as well...I’ll let you know the quality when they arrive :wink: I also have the prettier, heavier tapestry’s. My medium crab is in one currently but it looks too heavy for her as well...
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed