Questions about shell type and swapping...

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Christian

Questions about shell type and swapping...

Post by Christian » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:29 am

Hello all!

Im looking for a little advice on some shell related question, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Some backstory on my crabbies...

It was my girlfriend's birthday in early July, and we're out shopping with all the kiddos. what we ended up with is a score for a chain petstore! We got 6 Ecuadorians and 2 Ruggies!! The only problem is that they were all in painted shells. 2 of them changed within a week of being in our crabitat, but none of the others have. Its now the end of Oct, and its starting to concern me...

Any suggestions on specific shell shapes or types Ecuadorians and Ruggies would like? I'd really like to get them out of the painted shells.

They look healthy otherwise, hairy, active, chittery... My habitat is right, 80/80, 250# of sand, fresh and salt water.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Questions about shell type and swapping...

Post by GotButterflies » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:50 pm

You cannot make hermits change, they will have to do that on their own. Please check the forum for the shell guide :) You will have to order shells online - Etsy, Naples, Deltona Shells/ Richard's.

I'm not so sure about you having Rugs. More than likely they are all Es. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com