PP in a Pink Murex?

This is where you discuss shells for your hermit crabs. Not for selling/swapping shells, use Classified Ads for that.

Topic author
Kydra

PP in a Pink Murex?

Post by Kydra » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:09 pm

I adopted a PP last year and had some aggression with shells even though there are plenty of appropriate preferred shells to the point that this crab was rocking another in a turbo shell.

Finally decided to add some more, even if unpopular, and my adopted PP is and has been in a pink murex since (which is actually a bit small for this crab IMO). This crab came to me in a very odd shaped painted shell and I had the crab on my bedroom floor with a few shells around and the poor thing was trying to change into the first one nearby (babylonia shell). I stopped this as there were better options (many turbos) in the tank and wanted to just get the adopted crab in proper conditions. After changing almost immediately into a turbo I took out the painted shell.

I posted a bit about this in the aggression section, but now I'm trying to read up on the different species. I am very hands off. I only see them via camera at night. This crab remains in that clunky pink murex. I have purchased new shells which are mostly all turbos and will add as I upgrade next week. Now I am questioning if this crab is even a PP?

Going to read some more on different species, but kinda got the assumption, being in the US, most likely PP with possibility of an E. Now I'm not so sure... all because of this odd shell choice lol.

Just want to make sure I have the proper shells. When I upgrade, I plan on taking pictures of all of the guys that are up. If I'm still confused on this will definitely add some pictures! Hermit crabs are definitely confusing lol. 😎

Topic author
Kydra

Re: PP in a Pink Murex?

Post by Kydra » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:14 pm

Here's a picture...Image

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:15 pm

I have no explanation or advice....just wanted to say what a cutie he is in those funny pants!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Kydra

Post by Kydra » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:19 pm

curlysister wrote:I have no explanation or advice....just wanted to say what a cutie he is in those funny pants!
Haha thanks! Thought it was just going to be a temporary 'new shell' thing, but he's still rolling with it. Seems to be happy in there so guess it's all good! Image

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk