Sprout buffet.

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
DaJimmer

Sprout buffet.

Post by DaJimmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:12 am

Hey everbody. Useless water dish is now a sprout buffet in days. I may drop it in and see what happens. Clean pet dish w clean pure peat crusted with birdseed Distilled water. I was just curious if it would grow after reading my lil sprout patch. Comments?
-Jimmer

Just Jay

Re: Sprout buffet.

Post by Just Jay » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:07 am

I only have five stalks of grass left. so if you want it to last i would let it get nice and tall. Or you can grow some on the side. I use a plastic kitty litter pan i got cheap at my local pet store.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Sillysheep

Post by Sillysheep » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 am

DaJimmer wrote:Hey everbody. Useless water dish is now a sprout buffet in days. I may drop it in and see what happens. Clean pet dish w clean pure peat crusted with birdseed Distilled water. I was just curious if it would grow after reading my lil sprout patch. Comments?
That looks good enough to eat!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 am

Looks great! :) Nothing grows in my tank - the hermies don't let it get that far! Great idea! :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
DaJimmer

Post by DaJimmer » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Thanks everybody! One layer of peat crusted with seed Pete sprinkled on top. Damped it down and left it out uncovered but it dried out immediately and then I remembered in order to germinate seeds I need to cover them. So I Saran wrapped it and put it on top of the tank and I'm sure the warm tank helped kick it in the pants. The Pete and Seed was level but then overnight the peat fluffed and exploded. Sprouts went everywhere.
-Jimmer