Cara-cara oranges

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Moonlightdreams

Cara-cara oranges

Post by Moonlightdreams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:26 pm

I recently bought some cara-cara oranges, and I'm totally in love. I was wondering if they're safe for the hermies? :) They're naturally low in acid, and quite sweet. I wasn't sure, though, and I always triple-check that everything is safe. :P
Loving owner of two hermit crabs and two dogs! Call me Moon, Icy, Kermit, or anything you'd like! sheldon_and_peanut (hermit crabs) and sisterchins (dogs) on Instagram.

LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Re: Cara-cara oranges

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:37 pm

They're functionally just oranges, so go ahead and offer them. I've never seen my crew approach any offered citrus, but I've seen posts where people say their crabs like orange, so go for it. :)
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Mine love anything orange-like. If you can find Ugly fruit (a citrus hybrid) try that as well, it's become native to the areas Purple Pinchers live for the past several hundred years. :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Topic author
Moonlightdreams

Post by Moonlightdreams » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Great, thank you both! :D I figured they would be safe, but I wanted to make sure. I've never given them citrus before, so maybe they'll like it. (Or, at the very least, Sheldon might. Peanut has been underground for two days. Poor Sheldon is missing his little buddy. :P )
Loving owner of two hermit crabs and two dogs! Call me Moon, Icy, Kermit, or anything you'd like! sheldon_and_peanut (hermit crabs) and sisterchins (dogs) on Instagram.