Worm castings/worm food

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Worm castings/worm food

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 am

My local farm sells worm castings. On their web site this is what they say they feed the worms: With my worms the only items that I outsource to feed them is used coffee grounds and cardboard and occasionally a load of free wood chips and leafy material from a local arborist.
Are those things ok?
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Worm castings/worm food

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:58 am

IMO it sounds fine... Even thought this isnt technically true, once its passed through the gut of one animal I do believe that any risks/contaminations are reduced.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Re: Worm castings/worm food

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:46 pm

aussieJJDude wrote:IMO it sounds fine... Even thought this isnt technically true, once its passed through the gut of one animal I do believe that any risks/contaminations are reduced.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thank you. Makes things so much easier.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi