Bird seed

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
crabby33

Bird seed

Post by crabby33 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:07 pm

Would seeds meant to attract birds be okay for hermit crabs?

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Bird seed

Post by wodesorel » Fri May 11, 2018 4:54 pm

I would be be cautious unless it's an organic seed mix. A lot of the commercial crops used for birdseed are treated with pesticides.

LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun May 13, 2018 12:20 am

But bearing the above in mind, millet on the stalk is frequently a big fave in my tank.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun May 13, 2018 12:31 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:But bearing the above in mind, millet on the stalk is frequently a big fave in my tank.
That sounds very interesting. Is it the one in the pet store? Of course I would check the ingredients.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

LadyJinglyJones
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post by LadyJinglyJones » Sun May 13, 2018 12:38 am

Yup, bird section. I buy my crab fuds at a fancy organic pet food store (because there are roughly 400 petstores/square meter in my neighbourhood).

You may be able to find some online if you don't live where there are as many pet supply shops as Starbucks.
"Gaze upon the rolling deep..."
Quince the fat tailed gecko; Amazonian minnows; and now Harry & Luis, Bede & Aster, Chandra & Jace, Pax, & Piccolo, my adopted PPs.
RIP Vegita :(

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun May 13, 2018 8:59 am

LadyJinglyJones wrote:Yup, bird section. I buy my crab fuds at a fancy organic pet food store (because there are roughly 400 petstores/square meter in my neighbourhood).

You may be able to find some online if you don't live where there are as many pet supply shops as Starbucks.
I can find it at walmart, petsmart. Thanks.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed May 23, 2018 2:26 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
LadyJinglyJones wrote:Yup, bird section. I buy my crab fuds at a fancy organic pet food store (because there are roughly 400 petstores/square meter in my neighbourhood).

I can find it at walmart, petsmart. Thanks.
Is this it?Image

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon May 28, 2018 11:45 pm

wodesorel wrote:I would be be cautious unless it's an organic seed mix. A lot of the commercial crops used for birdseed are treated with pesticides.
LJJ hasn't been on in awhile it seems. I wanted to know if this is ok. She mentioned millet.Image

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk