Baby food

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Baby food

Post by Hermiesguardian » Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 pm

I have fed my crabs different types of baby food many times. They haven't eaten any of it. I had one jar left (beside the stuff I froze) and was about to throw it out. But I figured it's worth a shot. And this time 2 of them ate it fist over claw. Go figure!
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

ciaraalston

Re: Baby food

Post by ciaraalston » Mon May 21, 2018 12:34 am

I bought baby food to feed mine while i waited for my THCP haul to come in. I put 3 types in the bowl, but it seemed like they barely touched it. Then the last day i mixed a little banana into it and i saw them on it! But i didn't' think about freezing it so i had to throw mine out :(
4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon May 21, 2018 9:46 am

ciaraalston wrote:I bought baby food to feed mine while i waited for my THCP haul to come in. I put 3 types in the bowl, but it seemed like they barely touched it. Then the last day i mixed a little banana into it and i saw them on it! But i didn't' think about freezing it so i had to throw mine out :(
I saw on here people used ice cube trays to freeze it. So I did that. Works ok. But I switched to contact lens case. And I label the lid. I had tried all diffrent flavors...meats with fruits...just fruits...nothing touched. Just this last time.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon May 21, 2018 12:32 pm

I have always compared hermit crabs food habits to toddlers. You should always try foods several times before ruling them out :)

Once the baby food freezes in the ice cube trays, pop them out into a bag. :) Then you can label the bag. Remember to try to buy organic when possible. :)
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon May 21, 2018 2:51 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I have always compared hermit crabs food habits to toddlers. You should always try foods several times before ruling them out :)

Once the baby food freezes in the ice cube trays, pop them out into a bag. :) Then you can label the bag. Remember to try to buy organic when possible. :)
I only buy organic baby food. The bag is a good idea.

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Mon May 21, 2018 4:47 pm

It wasn't directed at you @hermiesguardian. It's just a generic message for anyone that reads the thread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Mon May 21, 2018 9:29 pm

GotButterflies wrote:It wasn't directed at you @hermiesguardian. It's just a generic message for anyone that reads the thread. Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol. Ok. Thanks.