Fresh Litter

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
piratetoothgir

Fresh Litter

Post by piratetoothgir » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:45 pm

I just added some fresh oak shavings and bark, mixed along with some almond leaves, to my tat. They do like having the leaves on the ground! There was a crab eating it only two minutes after putting them in.

Here’s a photo to look at!
I also draped that plant vine down to the ground so they can climb all the way up onto it, thought that was fun.

I am looking for oak leaf litter, wish my area had pesticide free trees.
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!

hermiwormi

Re: Fresh Litter

Post by hermiwormi » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:58 pm

Awe, do all of the crabs enjoy it or only the one you mentioned? Also, it must suck to be unable to gather materials from your yard due to pesticides. My area is pesticide free, which is lovely when I need to collect isopods or anything that the crabs would enjoy

ғɪᴠᴇ ᴘᴘs: ᴋᴏᴀ, ᴍᴏᴊᴀ, sɪᴀᴍ, ᴏᴢᴀʀᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴇʟʟᴀ

Topic author
piratetoothgir

Re: Fresh Litter

Post by piratetoothgir » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:13 pm

hermiwormi wrote:Awe, do all of the crabs enjoy it or only the one you mentioned? Also, it must suck to be unable to gather materials from your yard due to pesticides. Image My area is pesticide free, which is lovely when I need to collect isopods or anything that the crabs would enjoy

ғɪᴠᴇ ᴘᴘs: ᴋᴏᴀ, ᴍᴏᴊᴀ, sɪᴀᴍ, ᴏᴢᴀʀᴋ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴇʟʟᴀ
I have seen two eating it now, so I cannot say for sure about the others. Yes, it really stinks, I wish I could go pick leaves or cut branches and then bake them, that’d be great. I do have a lot of supplies on hand if I want to change something.

It’s also time for me to get more cholla for climbing.
Crabber Since 2016
7 Caribbeans & 2 Ecuadorians
I am the proud owner of my hermit crabs, aquarium fish, and isopod totes!