Dried fruits and veggies?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
mxxlane

Dried fruits and veggies?

Post by mxxlane » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Can crabs have dried fruits and veggies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermiesguardian

Re: Dried fruits and veggies?

Post by Hermiesguardian » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:14 pm

mxxlane wrote:Can crabs have dried fruits and veggies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. Just try and make sure they're organic. And no ingredientsthat are not good for them.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:18 pm

Yes. I personally prefer freeze dried or dehydrating things myself. (Single ingredient). You can rehydrate them with dechlorinated water if you choose to, or serve them as is.
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Rawrgeous

Post by Rawrgeous » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:18 pm

I like to dry my own too; it takes a lot of the guess work of "what's in it" out of it. But I find as long as you read labels you can find plenty of dried items to feed them. I tend to have more luck with pet foods. Mine are a huge fan of these freeze dried pure salmon dog treats I found on amazon. I find that many organic pet treats can easily double as crab food. A perk of it is my fur babies love them as well and this bag should last me literally forever. :)