Fresh food ideas and recipe

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Hermie escape artist

Re: Fresh food ideas and recipe

Post by Hermie escape artist » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:08 pm

soilentgringa wrote:
Hermie escape artist wrote:
ciaraalston wrote:Where do you get meat? What kind do you feed? Also how long do you leave it in? I was thinking 24 hours?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Hey so what all plants are safe ... like can I go out in my back yard and get some bark ? Do they eat and like bark ? .. and any tree branch ... and any plant leaf can I take a leaf from a tree and put it in the tank ?
... what about a formosa tree leaf and fig tree ? Do they eat figs ... or fig leafs

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Check the safe food list. Make sure no pesticides or inorganic fertilizers are used in your yard. If you live within city limits or in a suburb, call the municipal offices and ask if they spray for mosquitos in your area. Many places do.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
My yard is enclosed its mine ! So no problem with spraying or anything .. we dont ! ... I was just wonderi ng if regular trees are ok and regular tree leads I have checked the food safety list multiple times ... I need look again .. I dont know what kind of tree I have in my yard I know I have a fig one .. and flowers etc .....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Topic author
ciaraalston

Re: Fresh food ideas and recipe

Post by ciaraalston » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:19 pm

soilentgringa wrote:Any meat that is not smoked, brined, or processed in any way. (No ham or bacon, for example.)

Raw chicken, bits of beef, bits of fish or shrimp.
ciaraalston wrote:
soilentgringa wrote:I don't cook meats for them. I just make sure to wash my hands after handling raw meat or anything in the crab tank. Their systems were designed to break down raw, decaying organisms so raw meat isn't going to harm them. No one is grilling up their fish in the wild.

Where do you get meat? What kind do you feed? Also how long do you leave it in? I was thinking 24 hours?

Thanks so much ImageImage

4 purple pinchers & 2 ecuadorians living a life of luxury in south west Louisiana.
Follow my hermit crab learning journey on instagram! @hermitcrabs_in_the_boot