Bay leaf contamination?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Bay leaf contamination?

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:51 pm

So I just bought this bag of mixed grasses for bunnies from the pet store. It’s all whole ingredients so no problems there, only thing is it has bay leaves in it. I didn’t realize bay leaves were on the unsafe foods list. It would be very easy to pick the bay leaves out but I was wondering what you all thought about the safety of doing this. Do you think just being in the bag with the other ingredients could be harmful?

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bay leaf contamination?

Post by aussieJJDude » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:58 am

I personally dont think it will be an issue if you just pick em out. Others tend to be a little more conservative, so it be worth getting a couple of options before making a decision to offer to the crabs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

angelbearpuppy

Post by angelbearpuppy » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:11 am

I would think that to. I would just pick them out. Some foods on the list are there just because crabs wont eat them. Now I have no experience offering bay leaves to crabs so I cant answer their.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

I have owned Hermit Crabs for 2 Years

I have 1 E named Monkey and 2 PP named Shy Guy and Little P

I also own 1 PP named Dory who stays in my classroom

Topic author
ROSIEonFIRE

Post by ROSIEonFIRE » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:13 pm

Super! Glad to hear it bc it’s really a nice mix otherwise.

Also, it does have some ‘puffed oats’. I know oats are ok but I’m a little wary of how they got puffed. What do u guys think?