Worm castings

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Elli

Worm castings

Post by Elli » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:04 pm

Hey I just got a bag of worm castings from a local worm farmer. Is there anything i should do with it first to make it safe for the hermits or is it ok to give straight from the bag?Image

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Xenocrab

Re: Worm castings

Post by Xenocrab » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:05 pm

Straight from the bag! And the crabbies will go crazy for it! We give ours chicken, deer, bat and worm poop and it gets devoured every time!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

6 babies, 4 Es and 15 PPs.

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:54 pm

Xeno and I started making poop dishes. We add all the poops in them and also add crab and lobster exo, and other calcium's. If we change all their foods out at the same time the poop dish is usually the first to be explored. They will go after the poop over shrimp, mussels, fruits, and veggies! Crabs are weird!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
Elli

Post by Elli » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:44 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:54 pm
Xeno and I started making poop dishes. We add all the poops in them and also add crab and lobster exo, and other calcium's. If we change all their foods out at the same time the poop dish is usually the first to be explored. They will go after the poop over shrimp, mussels, fruits, and veggies! Crabs are weird!
Thats great as mine seem to be pretty darn fussy about what they will eat. hard to find things they like.