Test Run: Garlic?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: Test Run: Garlic?

Post by wodesorel » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:47 pm

Regular chives are pink, garlic chives are white.

I just learned that this year, as my 31-year-old chives are not garlic like I had been thinking since I was 5. (My world shattered a little. *tear drop emoji*)
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:23 pm

Well, then, they are regular chives. I guess the flowers are purple-pink in color.

Everything I put in last night was eaten except the fresh asparagus! They ate dandelion leaves, crab apple blossoms, and both purple and white lilac flowers.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

asiankanye

Post by asiankanye » Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Wow, I have not seen any progress on my food except for the bamboo leaves and grape leaves :(( but hopefully they get eaten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lobsterbob

Post by Lobsterbob » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:54 am

Before such an experiment it'd be better to buy an air purifier for your room where the tank is. Because I can imagine this 'nice' smell of crabs and garlic...
I believe, you may choose a good option for you from somewhere like this website https://houseweather.org/best-air-purifier-for-pets/
I have one like this and I want to believe that thanks to it my tank doesn't smell and doesn't spoil the air in the room.

Topic author
JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:03 am

My tank has a relatively neutral smell (for a crabitat) and the garlic dissipated on its own. I think I’m okay ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:36 am

I think this is very interesting, because I have never even considered trying garlic, but I personally won't test it out just to be safe.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP

aussieJJDude
Administrator
Administrator

Post by aussieJJDude » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 am

Wait....

Garlic is on the unsafe list?

Since when??? :hlol:

I've been offering it to my crabs (usually its due to other foods being seasoned with it) for ages now. My theory was its great for my fish and shrimp, as I have food in my rotation that has garlic in it so haven't even batted an eye giving it to my crabs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

|| Avid Aquarist Addict (2007) || Crazy Crabbing Connoisseur (2012) || Amateur Aroid Admirer (2014) ||

"She’s there, she’s upright, and she’s wigged" ~ Trixie
Infrequently on due to studies

odelayheehoo

Post by odelayheehoo » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:19 am

aussieJJDude wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:25 am
Wait....

Garlic is on the unsafe list?

Since when??? :hlol:

I've been offering it to my crabs (usually its due to other foods being seasoned with it) for ages now. My theory was its great for my fish and shrimp, as I have food in my rotation that has garlic in it so haven't even batted an eye giving it to my crabs.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
It's been on the unsafe list along with onion, maybe because they are somewhat similar? Idk, but I still don't really feel like garlic is worth giving to my crabs regardless safe or not.
Keeper Since 2016
75G - 10PP