Common Spicebush

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

JoeHermits

Re: Common Spicebush

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:32 pm

I have a degree in Wildlife Biology. Same boat! I specialized in animals, too, but habitat is important for conservation so I tried to stay competent in the realms of plants and soils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:35 pm

Are you a member of Reddit? There are groups on there that you can join and post pictures to that will help you identify plants / bugs....you name it!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:07 am

JoeHermits wrote:I have a degree in Wildlife Biology. Same boat! I specialized in animals, too, but habitat is important for conservation so I tried to stay competent in the realms of plants and soils.

Wildlife Biology, that's awesome you're into conservation of critters too! Image I did all of my classes online. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I took a soil class in the winter once (Jan-March). All of our observations and experiments were supposed to be on our own soil samples. Well, that was pretty much impossible since the ground was frozen solid for those three months lol. So any of us with that issue had to do our work based on hypothetical samples. The professor said he was going to recommend to the college to not make that class available in the winter again lol. Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 4 hermit crabs.
"Animals are my friends, and I don’t eat my friends".
-George Bernard Shaw

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:09 am

GotButterflies wrote:Are you a member of Reddit? There are groups on there that you can join and post pictures to that will help you identify plants / bugs....you name it!
I'm not a member, but maybe I'll have to sign up! I could use some obvious help in the plant id department lol. Thanks GB!

My Pets: 1 Pomeranian, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 4 hermit crabs.
-George Bernard Shaw

JoeHermits

Post by JoeHermits » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:16 am

CrabbyLover77 wrote:Wildlife Biology, that's awesome you're into conservation of critters too! Image I did all of my classes online. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I took a soil class in the winter once (Jan-March). All of our observations and experiments were supposed to be on our own soil samples. Well, that was pretty much impossible since the ground was frozen solid for those three months lol. So any of us with that issue had to do our work based on hypothetical samples. The professor said he was going to recommend to the college to not make that class available in the winter again lol. Image

I was the first class to have Dendrology in the early fall instead of winter. Previous classes had to identify plants using nothing but a few twigs. It was rough.

I had to do it myself, of course, once the temperatures dropped, but at least it wasn’t twigs and buds the entire semester.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:13 am

JoeHermits wrote: I was the first class to have Dendrology in the early fall instead of winter. Previous classes had to identify plants using nothing but a few twigs. It was rough.

I had to do it myself, of course, once the temperatures dropped, but at least it wasn’t twigs and buds the entire semester.

That's good you got to have part the class before full winter hit. I def would have had trouble id-ing if all I had was twigs to look at lol. Image

-George Bernard Shaw