Popcorn?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Lovetheearth2020

Popcorn?

Post by Lovetheearth2020 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:07 am

Hello!

Does anybody know how to make hermit crab popcorn? Idk what it is called but you like, dust it in fruit powder or something. I used to make it all the time for myself. I would make popcorn, dab coconut oil on them, then roll them in fruit powder.
Idk if the recipe I use is safe or not.
Does anybody have any experience with this?
Thanks!
Last edited by Lovetheearth2020 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Re: fruit flavored popcorn?

Post by wodesorel » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 am

Make popcorn using an air pop method, or on the stove with a crab safe oil. Dust with a crab safe food powder.

I used to make a coconut popcorn for my store that people raved about. Organic popcorn popped in (lots of) organic coconut oil so it came out kind of moist. Tossed with organic coconut sugar and flour. When used for the crabs, allowed to cool and dry out a bit for storage! For humans, I just grabbed a bowl and dug in while it was warm. For sure I ate more than I ever sold. 😅
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
Lovetheearth2020

Re: fruit flavored popcorn?

Post by Lovetheearth2020 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:58 am

wodesorel wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:47 am
Make popcorn using an air pop method, or on the stove with a crab safe oil. Dust with a crab safe food powder.

I used to make a coconut popcorn for my store that people raved about. Organic popcorn popped in (lots of) organic coconut oil so it came out kind of moist. Tossed with organic coconut sugar and flour. When used for the crabs, allowed to cool and dry out a bit for storage! For humans, I just grabbed a bowl and dug in while it was warm. For sure I ate more than I ever sold. 😅
Oh thanks!
I thought that if I used coconut oil (I've made It for humans before) It would become too moist and would spoil quickly.
But thanks for the tip :)

Links

Re: Popcorn?

Post by Links » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:05 am

I throw a kernel or two in the micro lol. Hope that’s ok

Motörcrab

Re: Popcorn?

Post by Motörcrab » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:44 am

We offer gourmet flavored crabcorn in our shop as samples but our recipe is is a well guarded secret!

If you are planning to offer this popcorn in your Etsy shop you should have a very solid knowlege of a hermit crabs dietary needs and what is safe and unsafe for them.
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities