Crab Food from Pet Stores

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Princess_Trinity

Crab Food from Pet Stores

Post by Princess_Trinity » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 pm

So I saw that crab food (like pellets) are not too good for hermit crabs. Is this true? And if it is, does that mean feed them other things along with the food or avoid it completely? What about treats and/or other reptile food? I am a new hermit crab owner and have been feeding them their store bought food along with a new food each day including watermelon, blueberries, cucumber, and peach. I also gave them pet store peanut treats and have store fruit treats. I can’t find all the answers in the forums.
Last edited by Princess_Trinity on Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
New owner of 3 purple pinchers who I love

curlysister

Re: Crab Food from Pet Stores

Post by curlysister » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:36 pm

Here is the link to the Care Sheets. There are sheets about commercial food, nutrition, safe and unsafe/ unpopular foods, as well as pretty much all other aspects of crab care.

viewforum.php?f=120

Welcome!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers