Concerned about eating

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Sammi63108

Concerned about eating

Post by Sammi63108 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:15 pm

How long can these guys go without eating?? I've had these guys for about 4 days. I've only ever seen 1 bit of food eaten which was some egg so I'm happy whoever ate chose the protein haha I knew they probably wouldn't eat for a little since theres lots of changes going on but I've put a lot of different foods in for them and I've only noticed 1 eat is that okay? :( when should I be concerned?

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Concerned about eating

Post by curlysister » Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:08 pm

Are your crabs small? I swear that for the first two or three years I had them, the only way I knew they were eating is that they were alive. It seemed like I put in and took out the same amount of food!
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Sammi63108

Post by Sammi63108 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:13 pm

curlysister wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 6:08 pm
Are your crabs small? I swear that for the first two or three years I had them, the only way I knew they were eating is that they were alive. It seemed like I put in and took out the same amount of food!
Hmm.. Maybe? Theyre definitely not big by anymeans! They are about double the size of a quarter id say. I really hope that's what's going on! :( Also, can humidity be too high? I got my hygrometer today and it was at 70% so I made their log a little wet and now its at 91% 😬

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:00 pm

Higher humidity isn't harmful at all. The worst case scenario is that it can increase the chances of mold growing. Which isn't a big deal. Mold isn't harmful to the crabs.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Sammi63108

Post by Sammi63108 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:55 am

:crabbigsmile: Thank you!