Yogurt?

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
lopgoat

Yogurt?

Post by lopgoat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:07 am

Odd question, I know dairy and yogurt is fine-ish for hermits, but i was wondering if a certain brand- Yoplait was safe? Ive been enjoying them alot lately and wanted to share with my shelly kids!
And if so, what kind would be the most safest? Im assuming mostly plain vanilla and the fruity kinds.
Extremely new hermitcrab father. Just trying to do whats best for my shelly children!

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Yogurt?

Post by JoeHermits » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:55 pm

Yoplait should be fine. I haven’t explored the flavors but most fruit flavors should be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
lopgoat

Post by lopgoat » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:23 pm

JoeHermits wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:55 pm
Yoplait should be fine. I haven’t explored the flavors but most fruit flavors should be okay.

Thank you! Ill try and give them a lil bit on a cracker or something when I go get more lol.
Extremely new hermitcrab father. Just trying to do whats best for my shelly children!

Hermiesguardian

Post by Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:57 am

I didn't realize yogurt was ok.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JoeHermits » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am

Dairy products are on the safe list. They’re not very popular with crabbers but they are an option.