Food list confusion

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
Enson

Food list confusion

Post by Enson » Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:42 pm

There is a bit of a contradiction in the safe foods lists. One says that Hikari Crab Cuisine is safe, but then on the other one about commercial store bought foods it lists Copper Sulphate as unsafe, which is an ingredient in Hikari Crab Cuisine. Which is it? I made the mistake of buying it because it came up on Amazon and I noticed it was on the safe foods list so I figured I would try it out. I later was going through everything again and noticed this descrepancy.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

JoeHermits
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Food list confusion

Post by JoeHermits » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:48 pm

Yeah, we’re still trying to patch up loose ends on the forum here. There’s a lot going on and we’re all volunteers with busy lives.

Traditionally copper sulfate was viewed as bad, but recently I’ve started to doubt its toxicity at reasonable amounts. Fisheries, for example, supplement their crustacean diets with CuSO4 to increase growth. I’ve also been feeding Hikari food for a while with no ill effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic author
Enson

Re: Food list confusion

Post by Enson » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:17 pm

I hope I wasn't coming across harsh. I just was genuinely confused. Thanks for helping clear it up!

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk