Red Bell Pepper Seeds

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Red Bell Pepper Seeds

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 pm

I just dehydrated some red bell peppers for the crabs, and have lots of seeds I scooped out. Are the seeds ok to feed the crabbies? If not, maybe I'll save them to grow pepper plants next year.
Thanks!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

Motörcrab

Re: Red Bell Pepper Seeds

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:31 pm

I dehydrate the seeds and all with peppers. I honestly think my goofballs prefer the seeds and white inside areas over the "good" part we would eat! Crabs are weird!
Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:58 pm

Motörcrab wrote:I dehydrate the seeds and all with peppers. I honestly think my goofballs prefer the seeds and white inside areas over the "good" part we would eat! Crabs are weird!
Thanks Motör! Image I didn't realize you can dehydrate the seeds and all with the peppers. I just put in the bell pepper power tonight, so hopefully they will like it. The whole house smells like one big pepper now lol. I saved the seeds in a baggie, so I'll give that a try at the next feeding. Thanks again!

"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-

Motörcrab

Post by Motörcrab » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:42 pm

You're welcome! Nothing really happens with the seeds when you dry them. They don't shrink or anything. I diced the peppers and dried them like that and didn't powder them. I think our purple pincher picked the pepper pieces more than the powdered peppers!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Coenobita Curiosities offering crabby decor
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CoenobitaCuriosities

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:34 am

Motörcrab wrote:You're welcome! Nothing really happens with the seeds when you dry them. They don't shrink or anything. I diced the peppers and dried them like that and didn't powder them. I think our purple pincher picked the pepper pieces more than the powdered peppers! Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Now that's a tongue twister haha!! Image

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:56 am

That's funny, because mine never ate the seeds!
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:59 am

wodesorel wrote:That's funny, because mine never ate the seeds!
Now I can't wait to try the seeds out! They seem to like amaranth and safflower seeds, but pepper seeds, who knows haha! Image

VickieG

Post by VickieG » Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:36 pm

Mine also seem to like the pepper seeds more than the peppers. And, props on the tongue twister! BRAVO!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:42 pm

I dehydrated the whole pepper and ground it all up (but be careful) You will kill yourself with the dust! My crabs love pepper!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

wodesorel
Tech Support
Tech Support

Post by wodesorel » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 pm

GotButterflies wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:42 pm
I dehydrated the whole pepper and ground it all up (but be careful) You will kill yourself with the dust! My crabs love pepper!
I think I probably have told this story a few times now, but I maced myself grinding hot peppers for the crabs several years back. Full on swollen eyes and barely being able to breathe. Have had bad allergies to peppers ever since. 🙄
Want to see all my crazy pets? @waywardwaifs on Instagram

GotButterflies
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GotButterflies » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:36 pm

wodesorel wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:16 pm
I think I probably have told this story a few times now, but I maced myself grinding hot peppers for the crabs several years back. Full on swollen eyes and barely being able to breathe. Have had bad allergies to peppers ever since. 🙄
That's why I said you will kill yourself! LOL I have definitely sent myself into coughing fits!
Truly blessed to have incredible creatures, wonderful friends and my amazing family in my life!! I'm very thankful & grateful for all of them! www.thehealthyhermit.com

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:40 pm

GotButterflies wrote:I dehydrated the whole pepper and ground it all up (but be careful) You will kill yourself with the dust! My crabs love pepper!
The dust wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but then again it wasn't a hot pepper. I cut onions up in my food processor the other day though and my eyes were burning so bad I kept sticking my head in the fridge to cool them off lol!

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:45 pm

wodesorel wrote: I think I probably have told this story a few times now, but I maced myself grinding hot peppers for the crabs several years back. Full on swollen eyes and barely being able to breathe. Have had bad allergies to peppers ever since. Image
Oh gosh that's horrible! Yucky! Image

C_fiesta

Post by C_fiesta » Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:11 pm

This thread is hilarious. Mine prefer the seeds I think as well
Hey! I'm Christine! I have 5 hermit crabs. Join me on Instagram @christinescrabcare. Also, checkout my Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/christinescrabcare

Topic author
CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:56 pm

C_fiesta wrote:This thread is hilarious. Mine prefer the seeds I think as well
I'm on the lookout now for pepper seeds on the internet. Image I don't eat peppers, and the crabs already have enough dehydrated peppers. Or maybe I can buy the peppers, pick out all the seeds, and ask my neighbors if they want the pepper parts lol. Image