Crabby Cookbook

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 12:13 pm

Herm-EZ wrote:The HCAddiction site already has a cookbook with people recipes shared in it. Maybe you can add to theirs as a 2nd edition type of thing??????
What's the URL? I keep ending up at Omaha Steaks. I don't think those are the crab recipes we are lookng for!

Epicurean Hermit is not interested in publishing her recipes. :(

Uh oh

Post by Guest » Mon May 07, 2007 6:33 pm

Hmm, problem.

Epicurian Hermit has requested that we not use any information from their site.

This would mean that we cannot use their good food/bad food lists or reference any research (dairy, citrus) that they have done.

In fact, once they cross their legal barriers, they hope to publish a book.

I am not a lawyer, but I can imagine there might be some legal hurdles ourselves if we try to publish something, regardless of EH.

Thoughts?

HERMEZ

Post by HERMEZ » Mon May 07, 2007 6:43 pm

crustine wrote: What's the URL? I keep ending up at Omaha Steaks. I don't think those are the crab recipes we are lookng for!

Epicurean Hermit is not interested in publishing her recipes. :(
http://www.hermitcrabaddiction.net/forum/
CrAbBy aNd PrOuD
2 PP's~2 Violas~1 Blueberry~2 Indos~1 Ruggie
crabbin since 2005.

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 12:17 pm

Here's the link for the actual recipe books. From the threads on The Addiction, it's a big hit. Members who contributed recipes got a free book and right now they sold out. :)

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 12:21 pm

oops...forgot to add the link...lol
http://www.hermitcrabaddictionstore.com ... ll/dt37879

brad873

Post by brad873 » Tue May 08, 2007 1:00 pm

well, the resipys can be modifyd. touch of apple hear, sprincle of spiritulina there, a whole new food and on legal problems.

Post by Guest » Tue May 08, 2007 4:34 pm

This dosnt have to be a published kind of thing. If the HCA would sell it on their website, or their sister sites that would be good too. Like a bound kind of book.. We can also go through and e-mail the websites that have recipies and ask if we can put them in a book format. Dont forget that "The all natural hermit crab book" also has recipies in it. If you need someone to put it all together Im up for it :D Just e-mail me the pictures, and resipies you want in there and Ill put it together. Ill make another e-mail for it if needed... Just tell me and Ill do :D

brad873

Post by brad873 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:39 am

better yet, why sell it, if it were me id just put it up free on the net and people can use it if thay want, and u can feel u have helped people

Topic author
burnin4Christ

Post by burnin4Christ » Tue May 29, 2007 4:47 pm

Brad I like your idea a lot. Maybe something on here that people can download everything or just a couple things.

Post by Guest » Tue May 29, 2007 4:52 pm

i love this idea! but, i agree with brad-
not everyone would be able to afford a cookbook, but if it was on the net everyone could have access (: we dont want to limit the amount of hermie information for less fortunate crabbers ;)

Post by Guest » Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 pm

If you guys want, I can make a website, I l.o.v.e. making them! I do like the idea of a cookbook even though I don't have crabs, my cousin does but I try to make sure she isn't being a *****. I just need some suggestions for a website name (freewebs.com/ ... ).

brad873

Post by brad873 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:54 pm

hmmmmm
to cook for a crab
food ala crab
good crab foods

im a bit low on ideas

brad873

Post by brad873 » Wed May 30, 2007 1:58 pm

(: we dont want to limit the amount of hermie information for less fortunate crabbers ;)[/quote]

i agree, plus a lot of younger owners might not be allowed to buy it, and u can get people to print them of and put them up in pet shops for owners who dont havea computer[/quote]