What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

For any and all questions about feeding, diet and different foods. Questions and posts about purchasing from stores should be made in the Shopping section.

Crabby7Crabber

Re: What's on today's menu & recipe sharing

Post by Crabby7Crabber » Thu May 07, 2020 8:30 pm

Motörcrab wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 3:01 am
Tonight's feeding. I included shop names from where we purchased some of our foods. If there isn't a name we resourced it ourselves.

#1 Proteins and various from 1pm clockwise
1. Color Mix (Mary Akers)
2. Almonds, pecans, sunflower seeds, cashews, sesame seeds, crushed peppers
3. Smelt (MT Pet Emporium)
4. Salmon skin
5. Fiesta Fruit (2 Old Crabs)
6. Pork liver (MT Pet Emporium)
Center. Raw Honey

#2 Leaf Litter
Garden Mix (wodesorel)
Calendula,
passion flower,
dandelion root,
hibiscus,
spinich,
corn,
kelp,
dulse,
spirulina

#3 Calci Poop dish
Worm castings,
bat guano (BioactiveFX1)
seagull guano, (BioactiveFX1)
chicken poop,
snake skin, (Healthy Hermit)
crab & lobster exo, (Crab Street Journal)
oyster shell flour, (Healthy Hermit)
greensand (Healthy Hermit)
rose buds

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Those spoiled crabs! :lol:
Three PPs (Hoodini, Aaron Burr, and Jubali)
Love my deceased baby crabs George Washington, Zero, Domino, Billy, Eduardo, and Shelly too 🥺

RayLovesHermits

Post by RayLovesHermits » Wed May 20, 2020 10:22 am

Today is romaine lettuce, carrots, and high commercial pellet food tomorrow is cheerios and whatever I find that is good

22pony22

Post by 22pony22 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:40 pm

WOW.

I've just been feeding freeze dried food to my crabs. The last meal that was in their dish was: Freeze Dried Fruit (Zilla), Flowers (Tortoise Flower topper), Red Shrimp (Zoo Med), Soldier worms (Fluker), Thrive Calcium Powder, Fruit Salad (Zoo Med), Peanut Crunch (Zoo Med) and Blueberry treat (Fluker).
22pony22
Current pets: Happy, Crabcake, Blue and Becca.
RIP: Peaches, Fred, Fishy, Goldie, Buddy, Hero, Nemo, Star, Aqua, Indy, King T. Hermy, Frogi, Grog, Yggorf, #4, Dude, Shelli and Bashful.

LoveTheEarth11

Post by LoveTheEarth11 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:14 pm

Today(Monday) I made an omelet.
Rating: 7/10. Great fresh protein-rich food. I normally give this to crabs right after or before a molt.
Recipe:
1 egg. (including eggshell)
a small handful of blueberries.
3 Apple slices
3 strawberries
Cook on a pan with coconut oil on medium heat.
Gently FOLD in until all egg cooked.
Store in freezer up to 1 week or serve fresh/warm.
~~~
Today(Tuesday) I made cookies.
Rating: 6/10 The bigger crabs LOVED this but it was a bit hard for the littles to pick at.
Recipe:
1/4 cup of coconut flour
2/4 cup of water (or however much needed to get to dough consistency)
2 tablespoons of honey.
2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
3/4 cups of rolled oats.
A couple of slices of apple OR a small handful of blueberry.
Place into oven on 350 and cook until golden brown (usually takes around 10-15 minutes)
Store in freezer up to 1 month, or serve fresh/warm.
~~~
Today (Wednesday) I gave a 'seed' mix.
Rating: 9/10 Great mix to leave a petsitter. last forever and has a variety. All my crabs love this!
Recipe(not measured!):
Rolled oats
Chia seeds
Flax seeds
Rice
Almonds
Walnuts
dried strawberries
Dried blueberries
Dried banana
Store in an airtight container until all used up. :D
~~~
Today (Thursday) I made a fruit mix!
Rating: 10/10. ALL my crabs really have a go at this. I think they love how sweet the fruit gets!
Recipe (not measured!!):
Dried strawberries
Dried blueberries
Dried banana
Dried mango
Dried pineapple
Dried watermelon
Baked coconut
Dried apple
5 PP hermit crabs: Coconut, Blackberry, Huckleberry, pomoganet, Apricot & Pineapple | Cockatiel: Luna Quaker parrot: kiwi| 1 bearded dragon: Copper | 3 alligator lizards | 2 rats: Latte, Cinder | | 1 crested gecko: Papaya | 200 bettas (I breed) | 164 pacific tree frog tadepoles

PuddKitty

Post by PuddKitty » Sun Jul 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Today’s menu consist of:
salmon, pineapple and mango pieces, crayfish, coconut flakes, fresh marigold petals, black chia seeds, bladderwrack, cranberries , rose petals, & strawberries ImageImage
Mommy of 2 Beautiful Princesses, A Clan Of Royal Hermies, 1 King Bearded Dragon (Boomie) & A Guard Leopard Gecko (Melly) 💕🥳

craboloading

Post by craboloading » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:54 pm

Changed out the fresh food dish tonight. Filled it up with white basmati rice (maybe not the most nutritious, but they love it haha), banana, spinach, frozen brine shrimp, broccoli, red bell pepper, shrimp exo, and dried calendula. They've got a dried food dish too (that I usually change out every Wed and Sun) filled with loads of goodies as well. :)
3 PPs: Beacon the Two Pound Crab of Light and Purity & Scuttles the Shadow Crab of Darkness and Desparity ~ 2/10/19 and Felicity Crab-19 ~ 5/24/20
1 Orange Cat: Chloe Hannah ~ 4/2015

PuddKitty

Post by PuddKitty » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:34 am

Today’s menu is Snake Skin, Oak leaves, Blackberry leaves, Sea grape leaves, Jasmine flowers, Butterfly pea flowers, Plankton, Crushed oyster shells & Butternut squash Image yummy yummy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mommy of 2 Beautiful Princesses, A Clan Of Royal Hermies, 1 King Bearded Dragon (Boomie) & A Guard Leopard Gecko (Melly) 💕🥳

CrabDad

Post by CrabDad » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:42 pm

darn, some of y'all going all out for the crabs! Mine seem to be very picky, and they really don't eat much... However, they always chow down on riced cauliflower and also on popcorn. They never touch the blueberries, apples, watermelon, chicken, etc... I Evan read somewhere that they like cat food (wet) so I even tried that to no success... But Cauliflower and popcorn are always a big hit.

Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:21 am

So today’s meal is mini pancakes, a blueberry sorbet mix and a eggs and oatmeal mix sprinkled with almonds and egg shells.Image

craboloading

Post by craboloading » Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:23 pm

Just prepped tonight's dinner for the crabbos: celery leaves, green cabbage, shredded carrots, blueberry, honey, ground flaxseed, dried squid, dried octopus, dashi kombu seaweed, kelp powder, dragon fruit powder, & THCP Midnight Ecstasy dry food mix. Plus the calcium pit with cuttlebone, green sand, and crushed oyster shells.

All three of my crabs are up right now (or at least they were last night!) so I'm hoping for some munching action in the crabitat tonight.
3 PPs: Beacon the Two Pound Crab of Light and Purity & Scuttles the Shadow Crab of Darkness and Desparity ~ 2/10/19 and Felicity Crab-19 ~ 5/24/20

CrabbyLover77

Post by CrabbyLover77 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:41 pm

craboloading wrote:Just prepped tonight's dinner for the crabbos: celery leaves, green cabbage, shredded carrots, blueberry, honey, ground flaxseed, dried squid, dried octopus, dashi kombu seaweed, kelp powder, dragon fruit powder, & THCP Midnight Ecstasy dry food mix. Plus the calcium pit with cuttlebone, green sand, and crushed oyster shells.

All three of my crabs are up right now (or at least they were last night!) so I'm hoping for some munching action in the crabitat tonight.
Yum!! Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Pets: 2 Pomeranians, 1 Russian tortoise, fishes/snails(40 gal freshwater aquarium), and 13 hermit crabs.
"Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game." -Paul Rodriguez-
https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigBeausBouti ... form-mcnav

eldorf.dragonsbane

Post by eldorf.dragonsbane » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:29 pm

For my Crabbies its a 1/4tsp of HCP Red White and Blueberries, with some boiled and ground up eggshell in one scallop shell that I use for their food, and in another is a 1/4tsp of HCP Surf N Turf, for both did add just a tiny bit of the HCP Mineral Supplement to them. Right now I only have one crab that is active, the other 5 are all burrowed under the substrate.

Did pick up organic chia, flax, rolled oats, long grain brown rice, quinoa, and fennel along with a jar of organic bee pollen. So will slowly start trying to make some of my own food mixes using these grains and the freeze dried river shrimp, meal worms and crickets that I have. Also ground up in a coffee grinder about 12 quartered and dehydrated Carolina Reaper peppers that my brother grew, only thing he used was the potting soil and light watering, no fertilizers or pesticides. Funny thing is that plan is still trying to produce peppers, he has already pulled probably 9 or 10 dozen peppers off it and it still has about another 2 dozen left that aren't quite ripe yet with probably 3 or 4 that are still green. Already have my brother who is planning on erecting a greenhouse/hothouse willing to grow various veggies for the crabs.
Currently keeping 6 PP's- Tawas, Mr. J, Highwire, Mimzi, Carter and Taggart in a 29g aquarium

craboloading

Post by craboloading » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Tonight's rotating dinner is frozen banana, shrimp exo, extra virgin olive oil, dried squid, dried red shrimp, THCP Basic Diet, dried elderberries, noni fruit powder, dried daphnia, dulse powder, and green coconut powder.

Not pictured is the calcium pit which was refreshed tonight as well. It includes green sand, crushed oyster shells, cuttlebone, azomite, and crab exo

(Also this is my first time trying to share a pic, I hope it works!)Image

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Pumpkincrab

Post by Pumpkincrab » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:28 am

Tonight I'm serving some food mixes from HermitGrub. The mixes being served are Crushed oyster shell, Apple powder, Greensand, color me purple and chicken breast. I have more mixes than that but every night I mix it up. I'll add more fresh foods tomorrow.
Hi! Feel free to check out TheGourmetCrab here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheGourmetCra ... ugg_market
Owner of 4 purple pincher hermit crabs in a 55g tank.

Hermielover121

Post by Hermielover121 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Tonight I have lobster, I homemade mix with flax seeds, nuts, crushed egg shells and coconut. For the last thing I have is there favourite mix blueberry sorbet from chubby crabImage
I also have cuttlebone available at all times. Doesn’t look like a lot but I only have 2/4 up right now.