Donations

Please Help us out by donating!

Your contribution help pay for hosting and other site maintenance!

Sub Menu
Search

Video Cameras in Crabitats

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Moderators: Moderators (Senior), Moderators (Junior), Moderators (Standard)

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:41 pm

Based on an offshoot conversation in another thread, I’m curious and want to start a discussion about placing live feed video cameras in crabitats. It’s a fun idea and it looks like some have already done it. Please share best practices and setups here!
LeeHasCrabs

Re: Video Cameras in Crabitats

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:32 pm

I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.
raising son's dog, Dante. Husky/hound.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.

Which brand/model 360 do you have? And subscribed.
LeeHasCrabs

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:42 pm

ApePlanet wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.

360 Wireless Smart Home Security Camera 

I saw. Thanks.
Raising daughter's hermit crabs, Shelder, Paras and Derek. Added 2 more of my own (of course) Pete and Stryper. Former mommy to 2 guinea pigs and beloved cat, Nissi
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: dorkamongus » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:38 pm

Was just thinking about this! I feel like the kid from finding nemo with my head up against the tank sitting and watching/waiting for one of them to do something lol my oldest daughter came home last night and said she saw them having a party in the food dish :P
dorkamongus

PostAuthor: fandt94 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:

I saw. Thanks.

Where did you get it? ( sry I’m basically camera illiterate lol) and how do you have it mounted? I watched your videos and I love it! I always seem to freak mine out no matter how careful I am approaching and flicking on a tiny flashlight out of the way.
Mom to 3 human boys, 2 dogs - Hemi & Athena, 2 cats - Fat a$$ (realname Spark Plug) & Batman & 5 PP’s - Monstro, Pinkie aka Little Bit, Shellie, other 2 unnamed
fandt94

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:56 pm

fandt94 wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:[quote="Hermiesguardian"]I have a WyzeCam and the 360 Camera. I now prefer the 360 because it's easier, imo, to maneuver it and set it up. But I can't see crabbing without it. I get to see what works for them or doesn't. And of course all their antics. You can subscribe to my youtube channel. Cheryl Cochrane.

I saw. Thanks.

Where did you get it? ( sry I’m basically camera illiterate lol) and how do you have it mounted? I watched your videos and I love it! I always seem to freak mine out no matter how careful I am approaching and flicking on a tiny flashlight out of the way.[/quote]Got them on Amazon. I have them mounted in small plastic soap dish. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:31 pm

Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?
LeeHasCrabs

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:38 pm

ApePlanet wrote:Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?

Never a problem.
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:Looking at the Wyze cam tonight and was wondering if anyone has had issues with humidity fogging up the lens?

Never a problem.

Awesome. Thanks!
LeeHasCrabs

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:09 am

ApePlanet wrote:
Hermiesguardian wrote:

Never a problem.

Awesome. Thanks!

YW!
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:12 pm

I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

LeeHasCrabs

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:49 pm

I LOVE MY CRABCAM! Now I can watch them without freaking them out. Here’s my biggest one chowing down.

LeeHasCrabs

PostAuthor: Hermiesguardian » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:19 am

ApePlanet wrote:I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

I know! Isn't it great?? I love my cameras. Opens a whole new world of crabbing. How did you set yours up?
Hermiesguardian

PostAuthor: LeeHasCrabs » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:21 am

Hermiesguardian wrote:
ApePlanet wrote:I got a Wyze Cam today. Excited to see how it holds up. I’m still concerned about the moisture and humidity but for $25 it’s worth a shot.

I know! Isn't it great?? I love my cameras. Opens a whole new world of crabbing. How did you set yours up?

It really does! I used the adhesive that was included to mount the magnet in the front-right corner of the tank.
LeeHasCrabs

Next

Return to Crabitat Conditions