How does my new crabitat look? I got the tank for christmas!

This is where you discuss the conditions of your crabitat -- temperature, humidity, substrate, decorating, etc.

Topic author
Pumpkin the Crab

Re: How does my new crabitat look? I got the tank for christmas!

Post by Pumpkin the Crab » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:19 pm

That was when i first installed it. The temp is up to 89 and I have trouble keeping the humidity up. It was at 49% but I just misted it. It should be up to about 80% soon.

Topic author
Pumpkin the Crab

Post by Pumpkin the Crab » Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:22 pm

The dirt is still being broken up. It was sort of an emergency transfer. The dirt will be level when it is broken up. I’ll add more things to it soon. I really appreciate suggestions. This is my first time using HCA. BTW, I had 2 crabs, one of them died by either suffocating or being eaten. I’m not sure. Pumpkin is 2 1/2 years old. I got him for free from Facebook marketplace. I love him so much!!!

curlysister
Administrator
Administrator

Post by curlysister » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:36 pm

Can't see your photo, says I don't have access.
89 is a bit on the warm side for every day. If you bring the heat down a bit, does your humidity go up?
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." -Will Rogers

Topic author
Pumpkin the Crab

Post by Pumpkin the Crab » Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:45 am

I have a 100 W bulb and it’s a 28 gallon tank. Pumpkin is most active at 90% + humidity. Should I get a lower wattage heat bulb? I also have a 50 W bulb with light that I turn on in the daytime, but I could replace it with a 25 W that I already have.